Vice President of Technology & Engineering (Santa Clara, CA)
Our Vice President of Technology and Engineering will be a passionate, innovative thinker with a detailed understanding of the value that Wi-Fi brings to the products and services within the technology industry. In your role, reporting to the CEO, you will oversee our engineering department and R&D laboratory in Santa Clara, CA. You will drive technical development and engineering management while overseeing certification test program development, related processes and software tools. You will support commercial certification test services and collaborate with management in delivering organizational goals and strategic plans. You will work closely with the CEO and other Executives in representing Wi-Fi Alliance and the Wi-Fi industry to the press, governmental agencies and the broader industry.
Do you have at least 20 years of engineering work experience with at least 15 years in a leadership role, with much experience in Wi-Fi technology specifically? Do you enjoy leading a team of talented technical professionals? Do you share our excitement for Wi-Fi technology?
The most critical responsibilities in this role are:
- Member of the executive team: Ensure corporate health, define corporate strategy, work with the Board of Directors and contribute to organizational policies and procedures
- Serve as a spokesperson for the company on technical subject matter, roadmap and corporate vision
- Lead the technical organization - overseeing the research and development laboratory
- Lead engineering activities - ensuring integrity and quality of certification program development activities
- Lead certification support activities - responsible for supporting a worldwide network of Authorized Test Laboratories, including quality assurance and technical assistance
- Lead software development activities – managing platform, tool suite, release cycle, and roadmap evolution
Other critical skills our Vice President of Technology and Engineering must possess include:
- Exposure to a range of wireless technologies and trade associations
- Persuasive, polished, professional communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to an executive audience and technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Effective working in multiple levels of management, marketing and engineering
- Ability to work with multiple international cultures, technical and non-technical audiences
- Agility to handle and deliver on a multitude of unrelated projects, programs and priorities
- Ability to travel frequently, and
- At least a Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, or a related discipline (MBA degree is a plus).
To be successful at Wi-Fi Alliance, you must be a critical thinker; you must have the ability to achieve success independently while focusing on Wi-Fi Alliance’s business goals and objectives. You also must have demonstrated strategic and analytical thinking skills and the ability to see the broader picture and how your work contributes to the advancement of Wi-Fi technology.
If you have the talent and skills to be incredibly successful as our Vice President of Technology and Engineering and as a member of our team, we want to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please forward your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest, including your salary requirements, to email@example.com. This position is located in Santa Clara, California. To learn more about Wi-Fi Alliance, please visit our website at www.wi-fi.org. Wi-Fi Alliance participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.