Full coverage, self-adapting Wi-Fi® networks
Wi-Fi CERTIFIED EasyMesh™ brings a standards-based approach to Wi-Fi networks that utilize multiple access points (APs), combining the benefits of easy to use, self-adapting Wi-Fi with greater flexibility in device choice that comes with interoperable Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ devices. Wi-Fi EasyMesh™ networks employ multiple access points that work together to form a unified network that provides smart, efficient Wi-Fi throughout the home and outdoor spaces.
Wi-Fi EasyMesh is very simple to install and use. Network setup and device onboarding involves minimal user intervention. Once established, the network self-monitors to ensure optimized performance. Leveraging mechanisms from Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Agile Multiband™, Wi-Fi EasyMesh can guide devices to the AP providing the best Wi-Fi service for that device. Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks can also modify the network’s structure based on changing conditions to provide a consistent experience.
Wi-Fi EasyMesh brings these capabilities to home and small office Wi-Fi networks:
- Increased network capacity: Supports more simultaneous services and higher realized throughput when operating in Wi-Fi 6
- Flexible design: Allows for best placement of multiple APs providing extended coverage
- Easy setup: Delivers seamless, secure device onboarding and configuration using QR codes through Wi-Fi Easy Connect technology
- Network intelligence: Self-organizing and self-optimizing network collects advanced diagnostics facilitating service provider support through Wi-Fi Data Elements and responds to network conditions to maximize performance
- Effective service prioritization: Capability to prioritize low latency applications when needed and guides devices to roam to the best connection and avoid interference
- Scalability: Enables addition of Wi-Fi EasyMesh APs from multiple vendors
Quality Wi-Fi without complication
The growth in connected devices and streaming services that rely on Wi-Fi connectivity in the home has resulted in the need for smarter Wi-Fi networks that provide extended, uniform coverage. Wi-Fi EasyMesh products benefit both consumers and service providers by delivering full coverage networks that intelligently manage resources with minimal user intervention. The technology is highly scalable, enabling users to easily add wireless APs where needed. Built on the promise of Wi-Fi CERTIFIED, Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks accommodate a greater selection of interoperable devices across brands.
|Wi-Fi Alliance® connects and expands home Wi-Fi®|
|Wi-Fi CERTIFIED EasyMesh™ update: Added features for operator-managed home Wi-Fi® networks|
|Wi-Fi CERTIFIED EasyMesh™ enables self-adapting Wi-Fi®|
- What is Wi-Fi EasyMesh?
Wi-Fi EasyMesh is a certification program that defines multiple access point home and small office Wi-Fi networks that are easy to install and use, self-adapting, and add multi-vendor interoperability. This technology brings both consumers and service providers additional flexibility in choosing Wi-Fi EasyMesh devices for home deployment.
Wi-Fi EasyMesh uses a controller to manage the network, which consists of the controller plus additional APs, called agents. Establishing controllers to manage and coordinate activity among the agents ensures that each AP does not interfere with the other, bringing both expanded, uniform coverage and more efficient service.
- How is Wi-Fi EasyMesh different from other mesh networks?
Wi-Fi EasyMesh removes the need to stay within a single-vendor ecosystem to provide the benefits of multiple AP (also called “mesh”) networks. Using standardized technology gives service providers and consumers more choice and flexibility.
- Which generations of Wi-Fi technology does Wi-Fi EasyMesh support?
Wi-Fi EasyMesh supports Wi-Fi 4, Wi-Fi 5, and Wi-Fi 6. Members can view the Wi-Fi EasyMesh program requirements and test plan for more details. To become a member, visit our membership page.
- What is the difference between Wi-Fi EasyMesh and Wi-Fi Home Design?
The goal of both certification programs is to provide better Wi-Fi user experience and extended coverage in home networks. These two programs complement each other – a Wi-Fi Home Design floorplan could employ a Wi-Fi EasyMesh network. The difference is that Wi-Fi Home Design helps identify the best locations for each AP in a home whereas Wi-Fi EasyMesh defines the protocols used for intra-AP communication to establish a smart, self-forming network.
- What other backhaul link technologies will Wi-Fi EasyMesh work with?
Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks enable the use of other connectivity technologies supported by the IEEE 1905.1 protocol.