Sr. Technology Manager (Santa Clara, CA)
Wi-Fi Alliance is a global trade organization that prizes collaboration. Wi-Fi Alliance staff work with cutting edge technology in a dynamic and inspiring work culture that supports a strong work/life balance, new opportunities, and individual growth. Regardless of discipline, all who work at Wi-Fi Alliance contribute to delivering the terrific user experience for which Wi-Fi is known.
Wi-Fi Alliance seeks an energetic Sr. Technology Manager to be a technology subject matter expert for new Wi-Fi Alliance programs, guiding them through the new program development process. The incumbent will be the face of the Wi-Fi Alliance research development lab to the technical task groups. The incumbent will manage all plugfests and technical goals to meet the prescribed time frame by performing the necessary duties personally or through the technical task group membership. He/she will work with the best technical and marketing talent in Wi-Fi Alliance member companies, driving industry-visible efforts that support the mission of connecting everyone and everything, everywhere.
Working in a complex team environment, program manage the next generation of Wireless Communications development:
- Subject matter expert on the technology associated with each assigned program
- Review technical specifications from assigned task groups, providing guidance and clarification when needed, then taking total ownership of the technical specification before program launch
- Review development of test plans, providing direct feedback to the assigned task groups, and taking total ownership before program launch
- Coordinate software and system engineering staff on program technologies, defining test software requirement
- Work with Program Management specifying goals, strategy, and staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, program deliverables, and allocation of available resources. Assists Program Managers on TSoWs, and Blind Poll reviews
- Works cross-functionally with Program Management, Marketing, Software, and System Engineering teams
- Establish standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation
- Prepare project status reports and keeps management, TTG, and others informed of project status and related issues
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve problems
- Coordinate and respond to requests for changes from TTG original specifications
- Develop and maintain technical and project documentation
- Aid development of technical training material that will require presentation skills for technical symposia presented around the world
- Ability to travel, including internationally, 15% of the time
- Ten years of related experience
- Significant experence with TCP/IP networking
- Extensive knowledge of 802.11 and related IEEE standards
Skills and Behaviors
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, demonstrated proficiency in addressing international audiences
- Proven success working in dispersed, cross-functional, and international (time-shifted) teams
- Master’s degree in a technical field
- Software development and testing experience is a plus
- Experience participating in Standards bodies is a plus
To be successful at Wi-Fi Alliance, you must be a critical thinker; you must have the ability to achieve success independently while focusing on Wi-Fi Alliance’s business goals and objectives. You also must have demonstrated strategic and analytical thinking skills and the ability to see the broader picture and how your work contributes to the advancement of Wi-Fi technology.
Competitive compensation and benchmark benefits package, including 100% employee paid healthcare premiums, 401K matching, generous PTO, and fitness allowance. Wi-Fi Alliance staff travel all over the world to engage with members, partners, and government – a unique opportunity to gain international experience and witness the impact of Wi-Fi.
If you have the talent and skills to be incredibly successful as a Sr. Technology Manager and as a member of our team, we want to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please forward your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest, including your salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is located in Santa Clara, California, no relocation is available. To learn more about Wi-Fi Alliance, please visit our website at www.wi-fi.org. Wi-Fi Alliance participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.