Software QA Engineer (Santa Clara, CA)
Wi-Fi Alliance is a global trade organization that prizes collaboration. Wi-Fi Alliance staff work with cutting edge technology in a dynamic and inspiring work culture that supports a strong work/life balance, new opportunities, and individual growth. Regardless of discipline, all who work at Wi-Fi Alliance contribute to delivering the terrific user experience for which Wi-Fi is known.
Wi-Fi Alliance seeks an experienced Software QA Engineer who will be responsible for developing test automation, writing test scripts, test execution and test reports. He or she will maintain the test automation platform, develop scripts to validate all aspects of the software, maintain books of scripts and execute the scripts for software releases. In this role, he or she will collaborate cross-functionally with system engineers, technology experts, scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions; supporting program development and self-certification business by providing and delivering high-value solutions. He/she will work with the best technical and marketing talent in Wi-Fi Alliance member companies, driving industry-visible efforts that support the mission of connecting everyone and everything, everywhere.
- Develop and update test automation frameworks, using SaaS components where possible.
- Execute tests and provide reports to engineering teams.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements to existing test systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with system engineers, technology experts, scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous integration improvements
- Work alongside other engineers on a team and consistently apply best practices.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- Perform special projects as assigned
- 3-5 years of directly related experience
- BS in CS or EE or science field
- Knowledge of scripting languages, such as Python and Shell, required
- Experience with computer networking. Additional experience with cloud backend and web services is a plus
- Working knowledge of Wi-Fi technology. Wireshark/tshark, and/or tcpdump, Omnipeek
- Strong DevOps focus. Experience with SCMs such as Git and bitbucket
- Experience with Jenkins and AWS
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients
Skills and Behaviors
Excellent written and verbal communications skills, demonstrated proficiency in addressing international audiences
Proven success working in dispersed, cross-functional, and international (time-shifted) teams
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical engineering or other related science field (Advanced degree preferred)
Competitive compensation and benchmark benefits package, including 100% employee paid healthcare premiums, 401K matching, generous PTO, and fitness allowance. Wi-Fi Alliance staff travel all over the world to engage with members, partners, and government – a unique opportunity to gain international experience and witness the impact of Wi-Fi.
If you have the talent and skills to be incredibly successful as a Software QA Engineer and as a member of our team, we want to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please forward your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest, including your salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is located in Santa Clara, California, no relocation is available. To learn more about Wi-Fi Alliance, please visit our website at www.wi-fi.org. Wi-Fi Alliance participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
About Wi-Fi Alliance®
Wi-Fi Alliance® is the worldwide network of companies that brings you Wi-Fi®. Members of our collaboration forum come together from across the Wi-Fi ecosystem with the shared vision to connect everyone and everything, everywhere, while providing the best possible user experience. Since 2000, Wi-Fi Alliance has completed more than 50,000 Wi-Fi certifications. The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ seal of approval designates products with proven interoperability, backward compatibility, and the highest industry-standard security protections in place. Today, Wi-Fi carries more than half of the internet’s traffic in an ever-expanding variety of applications. Wi-Fi Alliance continues to drive the adoption and evolution of Wi-Fi, which billions of people rely on every day.